Homeowners: Are You Taking Advantage of
The Housing Relief Plan?
Homeowners are still unaware or unmotivated with what The Making Home Affordable plan has to offer. Perhaps the marketing of this mortgage help program did not launch aggressively enough or perhaps homeowners are skeptical. Regardless of the feelings, our federal government has budgeted close to $75 billion in mortgage relief fund to help homeowners save their homes.
According to the Treasury Department, lenders only sent out 19 percent of the approximately 3 million homeowners who are eligible for a loan modification plan. There are 2.5 million eligible homeowners who have not responded.
If you are behind on your mortgage payments, close to foreclosure, in foreclosure or getting to not being able to make payments, be educated on your options to save your home.
Making Home Affordable OutlineDID YOU KNOW...
- Loans must be originated on or before January, 2009.
- Borrowers must be able to document income and have an affidavit of financial hardship.
- Modification can start NOW through December 31, 2012. Loan can be modified once.
- Unpaid principal balance of up to $729,750 for first lien owner-occupied properties. Please see Home Affordable Guidelines for two, three or four units owner-occupied properties
I was 4 months behind on my mortgage payments. I am glad I found your website. I modified my loan. Now my mortgage rate stopped adjusting and my payments are affordable again. My family gets to stay at our home. Thank you for your service.– Jennifer Liu
San Jose, California
Within minutes of filling out the form on your website, I was contacted by two loan modification counselors. They were helpful in providing me with information and options for me to make an educated decision. I am able to save my home from foreclosure and my payments are made affordable. Thank You.– Michael Goldstein
How to Make Your Mortgage Payments More Affordable?
- Lower your mortgage payments through loan modification program. By Making your Home Affordable, you can avoid foreclosure and Save your Home. For more details on the Making Home Affordable Modification Guidelines, visit the US Treasury Department website.
- Refinance your mortgage. President Obama’s Mortgage Stimulus Package urges homeowners to refinance their home. Approximately 7 - 9 million homeowners, who may or may not have a home value that’s upside down, are eligible for this government mortgage help plan.
- Extend your mortgage payment term would also lower your mortgage monthly payments by 50% or more.